7 Tips for Getting Rid of Fingerprints
Stainless steel is what most people prefer when it comes to kitchen appliances, but keeping it clean is another story. Stainless steel appliances, while sophisticated and contemporary, are notorious for getting smudge marks. They instantly add a modern aesthetic to your kitchen and they go with everything, but those fingerprints all over the fridge handles are just annoying. We all know that a quick wipe down will get rid of the marks on your Frigidaire Stainless Steel Refrigerator, but the question is, are there better solutions?
Here are a few ideas we came up with so you can keep your fridge looking pristine:
1. Simply use soap and water. It may not keep smudge marks away for too long, but it will really clean up the bacteria and leave your appliance looking shiny.
2. White vinegar will do wonders due to the acidity of the vinegar.
3. Club soda, Sparkling water, seltzer water, and any carbonated water will be able to fight scum like nobody’s business.
4. Olive oil or baby oil. Your fridge won’t just look clean, these oils will leave it looking shiny and new.
5. Lemon juice works in a similar way as white vinegar, fighting the marks with acidity.
6. Furniture polish is an interesting technique for cleaning stainless steel refrigerators and other appliances, but it surprisingly works wonders. Tip: Furniture polish wipes work best.
7. Not as unconventional as furniture polish but still a little out of its element, Windex or other glass cleaner will do the trick.
It’s obvious that the inside of your refrigerator needs a deep clean from time to time, but that doesn’t mean the outside should be ignored. The exterior is arguably dirtier than the inside due to all the bacteria it encounters. Unwashed hands that deal with all kinds of food touch the exterior handle, making it a common place for germs to reside. It’s important you get your refrigerator cleaned up on the outside so that you can prevent germs from spreading. Use our tips above to keep your stainless steel fridge looking spotless.