Use a Frigidaire Range for Baking on National Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Day
Tis the season for strawberries and rhubarb! And the best way to eat them is together and in a pie. This month, on June 9, it's National Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Day and what better way to participate than by making one (or two) to enjoy with family and friends? You can use any range or wall oven to bake this delicious treat, but we highly recommend using a Frigidaire Range to get the job done right. Follow the recipe below from Food.com to get a perfect Strawberry Rhubarb Pie in only 2 hours.
4 cups rhubarb, chopped
2 cups strawberries, sliced
1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp cinnamon
pastry for a double crust 9-inch pie
1 egg, beaten for glaze
extra granulated sugar
1. Set your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Mix the rhubarb, strawberries, sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, and cinnamon in a large bowl. It's tempting to start eating, we know, but save it all for the pie. Okay, you may be able to sacrifice a spoonful for yourself, but try and be stingy.
3. Put the bowl aside and move over to the pastry dough. You'll want to put flour on a cutting board or just on your countertop when rolling the dough out to keep it from sticking to the surface. Begin rolling only half of the dough out and lay in it in a 9-inch pie plate.
4. Take all that mushy red goodness you left in the large bowl, and spoon it into the dough lined pie plate. You're basically half way done at this point!
5. Roll out the other half of the pastry dough and use a knife or pastry wheel to cut it into 1-inch wide strips. Weave the strips over the filling to make the top layer. If you've never made a lattice on a pie before, check out how to here. Flute the edge together by bunching up the dough around the edges of the pie plate.
6. Glaze your pie crust with the beaten egg and sprinkle sugar all over the top. All your pie needs to do now is cook!
7. Put the pie in the oven for 15 minutes and then reduce the heat to 375 degrees. Take out after 50 minutes or until crust is a golden color.
Your Strawberry Rhubarb Pie may taste like it's only good for satisfying a sweet tooth, but it also has various nutritional benefits that keep the body healthy! Some of those include reducing blood pressure, supporting healthy bone growth, and can even aid in the prevention of Alzheimer's. Now that's a great reason to celebrate this yummy holiday!
Making a Strawberry Rhubarb dish with a Frigidaire Oven is as easy as pie! Even if the pie filling drips out on the oven's interior, the Frigidaire Ranges have a quick clean feature that self-cleans your oven in 2 hours. Bring convenience and inspiration to your kitchen with a sleek Frigidaire Range Oven and start cooking on this special pie day!